Friday, September 16, 2011

How To Install Drupal 7 on Centos/Fedora/RedHat

Recently I have experienced some pain in getting drupal going on a CentOS server. I had done all of my work based on the drupal ubuntu quickstart, so this was a bit of a painful transition. The following blog post proved to be extremely helpful:


However, it didn't get me 100% of the way. I got through the installation, however I was utilizing drush to manage the acquisition of all of my modules. Going down this route, it was very confusing when I could download my module, enable my module, yet some features were available through the UI, but they wouldn't show up on my module page and they wouldn't show up on the configuration page, and any time you tried to access pages related to the module the page would error out. In my server logs was a key clue:

PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/html/sites/all/modules/features/features.admin.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/includes/menu.inc on line 501

At this point, my frustration perhaps blinding me from the answer in front of my face. Looking through the installation steps, there were two steps that needed to be rerun anytime I was using drush to dl a new module:

chown -R apache.apache sites/all/modules/

chcon -R -t httpd_sys_content_rw_t sites/all/modules/

Once I reran these commands after each download I was good to go.

1 comment:

  1. I have just installed Drupal CMS on my server, thank you for this install guide.

    ReplyDelete